Friday, March 18, 2005

home sweet home....

Today was one of those days where I just wanted to go home. It wasn't bad or anything, maybe because it's friday. All I did today that was exciting was more mink dissecting and trombone quartet... and then I dropped of Joel and Derrick and went mud bogging.

Yesterday was fun though. After school Hannah, BethAnne and I worked out and then went swimming. I haven't been swimming in forever. It seriously needs to start getting warm out.

Well solo/ensemble is tomorrow. That will be fun. I think we're stopping at Good Will on the way home and everyone knows how I feel about Good Will.

I think I'm going to post the personal statement I had to right for the Guy and Delores Corey scholorship. It's kind of interesting but sort of long so don't feel bad if you don't read it all.


I believe that each person has the power to make a positive impact on the world. My future plans include attending Spring Arbor University for a degree in Graphic Design. Although college and my career are important there are other important things that I would like to accomplish in my lifetime.

The reason why I have chosen Graphic Design as my field of study is because it is my dream job. Being someone who is interested in Art and enjoys being creative, I knew that I wanted to go into some sort of Art program. Since computers are another one of my top interests I decided to pursue Graphic Design. It is something I could excel in but also be happy and content. To me the most important element in choosing a career is whether or not you will be happy doing it.

Although my choice in college is not set in stone, I hope to be attending Spring Arbor University this fall. I chose this college because of its strong values as well as its good learning environment and graphic design program. Most colleges have world views that conflict with my morals, but Spring Arbor has Christian values instilled in its curriculum. They even have a Foreign Service requirement that allows students to experience another culture. When I visited the college I knew that it was a place I wanted to be. Spring Arbor has awarded me with the Presidential Scholarship. Still, there is some unmet financial need that may deter me from attending this college.Deciding on a career is very important. However, there are other essential aspects of life.

I have always known that I have a greater purpose for being here. Now and in the future I hope to make a difference in the lives of other people. Having been on several mission trips with my youth group, I have acquired a desire to help other people. Graphic Design is a field that could potentially allow me to reach a large number of people through advertising, publications, etc. I am not sure what the extent of this will be, but I know that I would like to use my education to serve others.

In addition, I also plan on someday getting married and having children. I hope to pass on the values and principles that my parents have so lovingly passed on to me. When I get married I plan on it being forever. I will know when I find the one and will not settle for less. He will be the one I grow old with and share life’s experiences.

Ten years from now I see myself with a successful job, a wonderful family, and a fulfilling life. That is my life goal and this scholarship would greatly help me to achieve it. I promise to try my hardest to make a difference and carry out this ambition. Thank you for considering me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home